McKenzie River Reflections - Make the McKenzie Connection!

Too close for comfort

 

October 21, 2013



Burnt motorhomeLast Saturday started out with a frantic wake up call for Vern Langan, owner of the Blue River Service Center. At 5:30 on October 5th the Assistant Chief of the Upper McKenzie Fire District picked up his phone to learn there was a fire at his business. Thanks to his quick response, and the concrete walls of his building, a tragedy was averted.

The source of the blaze was a motorhome that had been parked only a few feet away from the shop. Langan believes a burst transmission line was the hot spot that caused the vehicle to burst into flames hours after it was left on the scene. After dousing what remained of the motorhome with about 3,000 gallons of water it was towed to a parking lot behind the shop. A smoldering mattress, though, finished the job when it reignited and completely destroyed what little remained.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021