McKenzie River Reflections - Make the McKenzie Connection!

History

 

April 24, 2014



Ladies Civic ClubBack in the 1920's, the Springfield Ladies Civic Club made their dreams a reality.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sunken Arch

The original Arch was located in South Springfield, which is now Glenwood. It stood for seven years prior to succumbing to flood wasters in 1927.

 

 

 

 

 

Nearby businesses and homes were also victims of the flood.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Old Arch locationThe original Arch appears to have been located a couple hundred of yards south of the existing Glenwood/Springfield bridge.

 

 

 

 

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021