McKenzie River Reflections - Make the McKenzie Connection!

Scenic road has reopened

 


Hwy 242 debrisMCKENZIE BRIDGE: At 8 a.m. on June 20th, highway crews opened the snowgate for motorized traffic to cross the Old McKenzie Pass.  

The route, first known as Craig’s McKenzie Salt Springs/Deschutes Wagon Road, was completed in 1872. It connected the Willamette Valley with Camp Polk, near what is now Sisters. Learn more history at: alturl.com/nv3tm.

Image: Debris has been cleared from the McKenzie Pass/Santiam Pass National Scenic Byway.

 

McKenzie River Reflections

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021