Four districts responded to house fire

Solar backup battery packs resparked flames in the structure’s attic

 

February 8, 2024 | View PDF

VIDA: Firefighting crews that arrived at a house fire last Thursday night found smoke that was already showing at the back of the home at 45767 McKenzie Highway was rapidly intensifying from openings in the roof. A caller, who reported the incident around 6:15 p.m. advised the structure contained three 800-watt lithium battery packs.

More than 30 responders along with 14 apparatus were on the scene to fight the fire. Backup for McKenzie Fire personnel came from Eugene-Springfield Fire, Mohawk Rural Valley Fire District, and the Upper McKenzie Fire District. They were able initially to quickly knock down the fire.

McKenzie Fire & Rescue personnel remained on the scene dealing with the reignition of a large lithium battery pack that was damaged during the fire. Crews were eventually able to remove the battery from the house and submerge it in a water tank to prevent any further flare-ups.

Officials report the cause of the fire is under investigation by the Oregon State Fire Marshal’s Office.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Mck Mag Logo
Mck Phone Book Logo
Mck Travelers Guide Logo

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2024

Rendered 02/26/2024 21:29